There are men and women who have excelled in their careers and are worth mentioning whenever their career is discussed. The music industry is replete with so many successful personalities who have fed the world with irresistible music and among the many, mentioning the top 10 richest musicians is not an easy task.
However, there are always obvious indices and statistics with which we can ascertain their level of wealth.
Here are the top 10 richest musicians in the world.
- Paul McCartney: He is worth $1.2 billion. He has been honoured twice in the Guinness Book of Records. The thing is that Mr. McCartney gets money from writing credits. It means he will be on the list of Top Ten Richest Men in the World forever. Beatlemania spread worldwide long time ago, but it is still popular nowadays. That is why the members of the immortal band are rich people.
- Andrew Lloyd Webber: He is worth $1.2 billion. You don’t know his name, but you know such masterpieces as Jesus Christ Superstar, The Phantom of Opera, Cats, Evita, etc. Webber and Broadway are closely related to each other. He gets a profit from practically every show staged on Broadway and around the globe. His business called the Really Useful Group is the extremely lucrative enterprise that guarantees him the status-of-always-extremely-rich-man.
- Jay-Z: He is worth $900 million. How skillfully Jay-Z can deal with money! There is a funny statement: “Jay-Z says goodbye to come back again.” It helped him multiply his savings. He has under his belt 19 Grammy’s, and more than 100 million sold out records. Moreover, his trademark, Rocawear and the marriage with Beyonce has made him much wealthier than he used to be.
- Herb Alpert: He is worth $850 million. He is the holder of numerous awards: more than 10 Platinum albums, 9 Grammy’s, 15 Gold albums and 72 million sales.
- Sean Combs (P. Diddy) He is worth $825 million Another college dropout is on Top Ten richest men in the world. It seems that he does his business according to “the more you get, the more you invest.” P.Diddy hasn’t limited himself to recordings only. The label Bad Boy records and the producing of Mase and The Notorious B.I.G. have significantly enriched his profit.
- Celine Dion: She is worth $800million. Everyone would expect to see her in Forbes richest musicians. And everyone knows why. The smash-hit “My Heart Will Go On” has gained the greatest accolade in the world of music. More than 200 million of sold out records have turned into the unbelievable amount of money. She firmly grabbed the opportunity to get richer. Years passed by but she is still in Top 10.
- Dre: He is worth $740 million It is hard to believe it, but Dr.Dre can boast of just two albums! However, it was enough to launch his trademark as well as a couple of world-famous singers like 50 Cent, Snoop Dogg, and Eminem. His headphones Beats By Dre have become the top one, having gained lots of money for the owner.
- Bono: He is worth $700 million. The Irish singer has got the title of the world richest musician by a mere coincidence. He said “yes” to the suggestion of Larry Mullen Jr to create a rock band. As it turned out, the famous U2 had become a lucrative endeavor. Later on, he invested in a five-star hotel and the Elevation Partners firm. This philanthropic man does lots of charity work as he knows the boomerang law.
- Madonna: She is worth $590 million. Madonna would not be called Madonna if she hasn’t been on the list of Top 10 richest musicians in the world. She has been pumping hits into the industry of music since the 80’s. This singing traveler has toured around the world more than any singer can ever imagine! Music is her golden trade.
- Mariah Carey: The fans of Mariah Carey should sigh in relief. She is still one of the richest musicians. Mariah is good at getting most out of her singing career. It has been the vehicle for going higher and having more. To prove it, the perfumes from Mariah Carey seems to have a great demand.