As the back bone of the All Progressive Party, Tinubu’s influence has over the years extended from the party to the running of the present Buhari’s administration.
Being the political giants behind the sponsorship of different politicians who are now running things at various quarters in the present administration, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has left no stone unturned in ensuring his grounded influence on the present administration. This is how Jagaban has succeeded in planting his ‘boys’ at different corners of powers in order to ensure grounded influenced on the Buhari’s administration. And below are the major few out of many that Tinubu has planted as tools of influence on Buhari’s administration
Professor Yemi Osinbajo (Vice President) – As a major political associate of Tinubu Professor Osinbajo has served with Tinubu for over twenty years both as attorney general and commissioner for justice in Lagos state and now as vice president for the second term in office.
- Babatunde Fashola – Fashola has served Tinubu as chief of staff to the Lagos state government, served as Lagos state governor for eight years and as one of the most powerful ministers in Buhari’s administration. However, there has been times when his loyalty to Jagaban was tested but he still remains a loyalist as far as Tinubu’s school of thought is concerned.
- Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu – He is a Nigerian Politician and the current Governor of Lagos State, he was elected under the platform of the All Progressives Congress after contesting and unexpectedly winning with the strong support of Bola Ahmed Tinubu amidst several scandals, thereby succeeding Akinwumi Ambode. Prior to his gubernatorial ambition, he was the Managing Director/CEO of Lagos State Property Development Commission (LSPDC). Mr Sanwo-Olu has also served as Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget under Tinubu.
- Babafemi Ojodu (Special adviser to the president on political matters) – Mr Ojodu is from Ekiti, and was once given the senatorial ticket in Ekiti by Tinubu. He was once the managing editor of The News Magazine.
- Adeola Ipaye (Chief of staff to the vice president) – Adeola Ipaye is one of Tinubu’s brilliant lawyers who has been handed various responsibilities of power at various times.
- Babatunde Fowler (Chairman, Federal Inland Revenue Service) – As a performer, Fowler has headed the Lagos State Inland Revenue Service (LIRS) and has elevated to the federal level due to his political intimacy with Tinubu.
- Lai Mohammed – As the former spokesman of the defunct CAN, Lai Mohammed has been the trumpeter of Tinubu. He has always been a useful political tool for Tinubu. He was coordinator of Tinubu’s governorship campaign organsation in 1998 and latter served as Tinubu’s Chief of Staff between 1999 to 2002.
- Ben Akabueze (Special adviser to the president on national planning) – Being a professional and an economic strategist, Ben has been relevant and helpful in the running of things with Tinubu especially in Lagos even as a non-indigene of Lagos state.
- Abike Dabiri-Erewa (Senior Special assistant to the president of foreign affairs and the diaspora) – Abike has demonstrated ultimate loyalty to Tinubu at various times especially on the occasion when she had to step down as a candidate of the APC in Ikorodu federal constituency on Tinubu’s advice. Being a member of the House of Representative for two terms Abike Dabiri-Erewa has earned her position by hard work which she demonstrated moving around the country with Buhari’s campaign train on Tinubu’s order.
- Kayode Fayemi (Governor of Ekiti State) – Mr Fayemi owes his political success to Tinubu as he is not typically a politician. Fayemi was handed Ekiti’s gubernatorial ticket despite his past failure to get re-elected as governor.
- Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire (Senior Special assistant to the president on Sustainable Development Goals) – Adejoke was a former commissioner under Tinubu and a deputy governor under Fashola. With an influential background in Alimosho area of Lagos state, she became Tinubu’s choice in places of power.
- Femi Gbajabiamila (Speaker, House of Representative) – Mr Gbajabiamila has been an ardent follower of Bola Ahmed Tinubu and was elevated to be the Speaker of House of Representative with the strong help of Tinubu. However, there has been headlines suggesting Femi Gbajabiamila converted to Islam in a desperate bid to become the speaker.
Dangote Explains things he did to become the richest in Africa
With Tinubu’s boys at the helm of affairs, Tinubu’s political ambition for presidency in 2023 seem to be obviously yielding as calculated.