Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu has on Tuesday, approved the Easter Sunday worship service for the State.
In an emergency meeting held on Tuesday, 7th April with the Ondo State Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) .
The meeting was called to review the current situation and rub minds on how to hold Easter Sunday Worship service amidst coronavirus pandemic
At the end of the meeting an agreement was reached;
- The leaders agreed to adhere to hand washing with soap, water and sanitizer
- That social distancing will be maintained
- They also agree to split service so as to minimize crowd
- The service was plan to hold between the hour of 7am-12noon
- It was also agreed that ONLY Easter service (12th April 2020) will be observed
- Prayer will be intensely made for the Church,the State and Nigeria
- The leaders agreed to caution their members not to post video ot the Easter Sunday worship activities on the social media
- The CAN task force at the State and local government levels will also be activated to monitor compliances and denominational leaders will be held responsible for any violation of the agreement reached.
Happy Easter celebration to you all
SIGNED: MR DAPO DARAMOLA
SA Media to Chairman, CAN Ondo State